VideoRay is a global leader in Underwater ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicles) technology. With units delivered to a wide range of organizations for a wide range of missions, hundreds of VideoRays work every day throughout the world, underwater, keeping us free from terrorism, finding and retrieving objects, inspecting infrastructure both inland and offshore, and keeping divers safe from hazardous conditions. Check us out at www.videoray.com.
We are searching for a skilled Production Engineer for our Pottstown, PA location, to ensure product quality and integrity through the manufacturing process while implementing and maintaining procedures and equipment used in the manufacturing process.
This is a great opportunity to work on an air-conditioned production floor at an innovative, laid-back, cutting-edge company!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with suppliers and soliciting feedback from operators.
- Assists in the development of manufacturing processes by understanding product requirements; researching, designing, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Solves day to day technical issues in production requiring engineering intervention with the assistance of senior engineering staff.
- Helps perform root cause analysis of production and product issues.
- Drafts / Edits work instructions, mechanical drawings, wiring schematics, etc.
- Completes design and development projects as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently or in teams.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Industrial Engineering
- 0-5 years’ experience in a low volume high technical complexity manufacturing environment working specifically on production or product sustainment engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact with engineering, production, quality, inventory, and customer support departments
- Technical documentation skills (work instructions and procedures, fault analysis reports, mechanical drawings, wiring harness drawings, schematics)
- Good trouble shooting skills • Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Ability to use basic physical measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, etc.)
- Ability to use basic electronic test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, regulated power supplies)
- Comfortable with basic tools used in electro-mechanical assembly
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in with products intended for rugged field use (military, mining, oil and gas, etc.)
- Comfortable with multi-discipline system engineering (mechanical, electrical, software)
- Machine shop experience
- Experience interacting with suppliers to correct delivery and quality issues
- Some exposure to lean or other manufacturing methodologies
- Interest in field robotics or ocean technology
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING CANDIDATES WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE TO POTTSTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA.
VideoRay LLC is an EEO employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.