QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
We currently have an immediate opening for a manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist at our Pottstown, PA location. This position will help ensure the highest level of quality in advanced subsea robotic systems used by military, commercial, and scientific operators around the globe.
Quality Assurance Specialists are responsible for inspecting incoming material and finished goods, implementing and monitoring inspection processes and proposing measures to maintain and improve quality in VideoRay’s products. In general, QA Specialist duties mainly consist of ensuring that any potential product issues are observed before the final product reaches the customer. To this end, QA Specialists are responsible for implementation of inspecting activities, detection of problem areas, and delivering inspection outcomes. In addition, they assist in planning and performing corrective actions if defects are found.
• High school diploma/GED required -- Associate/Bachelor or Technical Degree preferred
• Working knowledge of tools, methods, and concepts of quality assurance in a manufacturing environment, including, but not limited to, physical measurement tools, computer systems, microscopy tools, and electronics test equipment
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and electronics schematics
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent data collection and analysis skills
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Previous experience in mechanical part quality assurance or electromechanical assemblies desired
• Awareness of ISO-9001 and lean manufacturing desired
• General computer competence, including experience with Microsoft Office and ERP systems